CPP20218 - Certificate II in Security Operations
(New Training Package)
Central Coast & Newcastle/Hunter
As this Qualification is being introduced into NSW in 2020, the course outline is being developed in conjunction with NSW Security and Enforcement Directorate and further details will be provided shortly. The course may comprise of a blend of self-paced home study, online and face to face delivery and assessment. Total hours to be advised.
The Security Industry has an abundance of employment opportunities and as there is such a diverse range of duties performed and is suitable for people from all walks of life. Many Security companies are recruiting well trained male and female security officers for a range of positions.
This qualification reflects the role of a security officer, responsible for maintaining safety and security by patrolling, protecting or guarding property while unarmed, and screening entry, monitoring behaviour and removing persons from premises.
This qualification is intended to align with the following occupational licencing outcomes:
- Security officer – unarmed guard
- Security officer – crowd controller.
Occupational titles could include:
- Crowd Control (Venues, events, functions, concerts, sporting events)
- Static Guard (Gatehouses, construction sites, concierge, retail loss prevention)
- Mobile Patrol & Alarm response
- Cash in Transit (Unarmed)
It provides a pathway to further learning and work in various security roles and settings including, but not limited to:
- Armed guarding
- Close protection
- Control room operations
- Guard dog handling.
You must hold a current HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid to undertake this course. You can complete this course with Intercept, or if you already hold this Unit of Competency you will need to provide a certified copy for Licencing purposes.
Security Course Entry Requirements:
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Australian Resident or Visa Holder with Australian Working Rights(other than Student or Working Holiday Visa)
- You must pass a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- Students are required to produce 100 points of original identification on commencement
– See attached document. Evidence of Identity Requirements
- You must complete the NSW Police Force forms - P1016, after reading (Ground for Refusing or Revoking a Class 1 or Class 2 Licence) Fact Sheet No. 6
- You must be 18 year or over to apply for a NSW Security Licence.
- Prior to commencing the course you will need to read Fact Sheet 6 (Grounds for Refusal) and complete a P1016 form Students are required to produce 100 points of original identification before or on commencement of course.
Final course details will be released in early January 2020 and courses will commence in February 2020 in both our Tuggerah and Newcastle Training Centres.
To register your interest for these course please select the Expression of Interest button below and our friendly team will keep you informed and up to date with information, so you can secure your enrolment in these 2020 courses.
Cost of Course:
To be Advised