Renewals - Implement Traffic Control Plans
RTO ID : 91330 - Training delivered on behalf of Admire Workplace Safety
Central Coast & Newcastle/Hunter
Enrol now in a Course
Requirements for Renewal of Traffic Control Photocard Licences
RMS photo cards issued after July 1st 2015 have a 3 year expiry date. This means that all cards renewed after the 1st July 2018 will fall under this new process. A person is only eligible to renew their NSW Photocard Licences for Traffic Controller, Implement Traffic Control Plans if their photocards were issued after 1st July 2015 under the updated competency framework.
The renewal process has been created for those who are maintaining currency within the traffic control industry. Those who have been unable to maintain currency or fail to renew their photocard more than 3 months after photocard expiry will be required to undertake the initial full training course/s again.
The renewal process is the same for Traffic Controller and Implement Traffic Control Plans
Traffic Controller & Implement Traffic Control Plans Renewal Process
To be eligible to renew the Traffic Controller and Implement Traffic Control Plans photocards, all applicants must attend face to face sessions with Intercept Training on behalf of the approved RMS training provider and complete the following;
- Have completed a course after 1 July 2015 (under the updated unit of competency program)
- Provide copies of the current, or recently expired (within 3 months) photocards.
- You will complete an authentic record of 6 actual Traffic Control and / or 6 x Implement Traffic Control Plan jobs you have worked on in the last 12 months, and complete a signed Employer Declaration. Note this third party report/record and declaration must to be signed by the employer. This evidence will be assessed by the approved RMS Assessor.
- Complete an RMS Renewal Application form.
- The Assessor will take an updated photograph on the day, to support the renewal application and issue your new Statement of Completion for use whilst you await your renewal cards from the RMS.
If the event that the relevant information is not forthcoming and the applicant is unable to provide suitable current evidence for the previous 12 months, then the applicant must stay and complete the refresher course for the photocard/s.
This refresher course will include;
- Completion of an RMS Renewal application form
- Provide copies of the current, or recently expired photocards (within 3 months).
- Complete a theory assessment
- Participate in prescribed practical simulation of Traffic Control and / or Implement Traffic Control Plan duties and undergo activities under the observation of an approved trainer/assessor.
NOTE: Under the renewal process, workplace observations are not required.
PLEASE NOTE : Expired Traffic Controller and Implement TCP Photocard
If a person fails to renew their traffic controller photocard in the relevant time frame (i.e. more than 3 months past the photocard expiry) they will need to complete the entire Traffic Controller and / or Implement Traffic Control Plans training courses again for each photocard.
Course Outline Cost of Course
- 1 Day Course Implement Traffic Control plans (ITCP) - $250.00
- Start - 10.30am
- Finish - 4.30pm
Please contact the Intercept Team on 1300 302 444
From 1 January 2015 all students studying qualifications are required to register for a Unique Student Identifier.
Get your USI here on your SmartPhone, Tablet or Computer – USI Portal